Feenagh B's captains

Feenagh B 0 Feenagh 2
The much anticipated Reidy Cup clash between the two junior sides went
the way of the first team after a keenly contested game that remained
in the melting pot until a Thomas O’Sullivan finish 15 minutes from
time sealed the issue. Both sides were minus a few players on the day
but two strong starting 11s took to the field. The first chance of note
went the way of the B team. Kevin Moore raced onto a through ball and
his shot was deflected out wide by the onrushing Dan Gayer. Noel Geary
seized on the loose ball and delivered a pinpoint cross onto the head
of Stephen O’Sullivan whose effort was straight at Gayer. At the other
end, the best chance of the half for the first team fell the way of
Billy O’Sullivan who seemed certain to score but was denied by an
excellent sliding tackle from Ronan Gilbourne. 10 minutes before the
interval the B’s came extremely close to breaking the deadlock. Gearóid
O’Mahony released Stephen O’Sullivan down the left flank and his cross
fell at the feet of Moore who flicked the ball up and crashed a shot
off the crossbar. The loose ball was cleared for a corner from which
Brian Geary unleashed a half volley which whistled narrowly wide.
Scoreless at the interval after a frenetic first half in which the
first team initially dominated with the B’s finishing the half
10 minutes after the resumption of play, Billy O’Sullivan latched onto
a through ball and lobbed the onrushing Shane Connolly for the opening
goal. The A’s settled more into the game after this and began to get
their passing game going. This was best exemplified by the second goal
which arrived after some neat exchange play between Dillon, Nix and
Thomas O’Sullivan resulted in the latter being released through on goal
and rifling a low shot beyond Connolly into the bottom corner. Thomas
and Nix spurned further chances to increase the winning margin before
the finish. The B’s were not as threatening in the second half with
their best efforts at goal being a shot across goal by Moore and an
effort by Keith Saunders straight at Gayer. Best on the day for the B’s
were Biggane, Ronan Gilbourne and Saunders with the O’Sullivan’s,
O’Gorman and Dillon shining for the victors. The game was well handled
by Donie Wallace who let the game flow and didn’t have cause to issue
any yellow cards during the 90 minutes.

Feenagh B: Shane Connolly,Barry Gilbourne, Ronan Gilbourne, Chris
Biggane,Brian Geary, Noel Geary, Gearóid O’Mahony, Henry O’Gorman, Stephen
O’Sullivan, Keith Saunders and Kevin Moore. Subs used:Graham Tuohy,
Kevin Murphy,and Shane Curtin.
Feenagh: Dan Gayer,Tony Roche, Timmy Lynch,John Coleman, Paul Lynch,
John Nix, Thomas O’Sullivan, Ger O’Gorman, Damien O’Riordan, Conor
Dillon and Billy O’Sullivan. Sub used: Donal Madigan
Referee: Donie Wallace